Deep relaxation, reduced stress, an easier labour – find out why every pregnant Mum should be booking in for some Reiki.
Emotional and spiritual support – for mother and baby
Expectant mothers have always been advised to enjoy pregnancy, but common health issues often mar this experience. Unlike prescription medications, Reiki goes beyond just the physical support to provide emotional help and bring a deep sense of calm and positivity to both mother and unborn child.
Reiki during pregnancy can be a gentle, yet powerful, non-invasive treatment that may help symptoms such as:
- low back pain
- morning sickness
- mood changes
- high blood pressure
- emotional disruption experienced both during and after pregnancy
Reiki is not an instant miracle cure. However, with regular treatment – which ensures better circulation, harmonized energy levels, elimination of toxins and a stable and confident emotional, mental and spiritual outlook – you might be surprised at your body’s ability to heal and maintain itself. Even apprehension and fear experienced in the late stages of pregnancy, and the distress at the impending labour, can be alleviated through the deep relaxation, balance and confidence gained through a Reiki treatment.
Since pregnancy can be such a major life-changing event, it can often resurrect buried emotions, fears or insecurities from the past; so-called “unfinished business”. A weekly treatment is recommended, especially around the heart, abdomen and solar plexus areas, to enable the body to handle all the changes and demands that are put upon it.
Enhance your connection with your body
As Reiki is holistic, it treats each person as a whole, including mind, body…and baby. Some mothers have experienced their babies give an excited kick as soon as they feel the energy flowing in. By working directly by holding the “bump” the Reiki practitioner(s) can also therefore treat the baby.
Being pregnant can create a sense of being out of control of your own body. Some women have described it as their body “not belonging to them anymore”, from the day-to-day changes in their bodies, to the sense of invasion experienced from medical interventions. Reiki can enable a sense of regaining some of that control: a balance and a grounding so that, even though you are experiencing a life-changing event, you can be in control, no matter what surprises await you.
16 benefits of Reiki during pregnancy:
- Reiki provides emotional as well as physical support to the pregnant woman.
- Reiki creates a balanced, loving and harmonious relationship between the mother and the child.
- Reiki practiced in the early days of the pregnancy helps reduce exhaustion and nausea in the pregnant woman.
- It can bring relief to every part of a stretched and aching body of the woman.
- It also reduces anxiety, sleep problems, colic, and enhances motor activity and active sleep.
- Reiki is done to restore the balance and health to the pregnant mother.
- Reiki used during labour stage has been shown to help control and lessen pain.
- Reiki may make delivery easier.
- Mothers who have had previous c-sections and receive Reiki in later pregnancies can expect lesser need for cesarean surgeries the second time.
- Mothers who use Reiki during and after pregnancy can better adjust to their babies and vice versa.
- After the baby is born, it can be a stressful time for the baby. When Reiki is used in the delivery room it makes an easier transition for the baby.
- Reiki also helps to release the fears related to pregnancy and delivery. It soothes a woman who can feel invaded and impatient to give birth.
- Reiki has the power to make a baby wriggle with pleasure in the womb, and also has a calming effect on both the mother and the child.
- Reiki provides a unique opportunity for the father-to-be, as he can bond with his baby when it is in the mother’s womb.
- It also helps in building a strong and spiritual relationship between the mother and the baby, before this tiny new being enters the world.
- Reiki can be used to help improve the whole family’s experience through pregnancy. Reiki eases every stage of pregnancy, physically and emotionally, making the journey into motherhood more joyous and memorable. By Mumazine Mums